FREE AND UNLIMITED ACCESS FOR ALL BIOSONICS USERS!
We recently announced the release of VH2 with amazing new gridding and mapping tools for aquatic habitat assessment and presentation of information on seagrass, substrate type and bathymetry. VH2 is an easy-to-learn processing software for the quantitative assessment and mapping of aquatic habitat features with data collected using BioSonics DT-X or MX scientific echosounders.
Existing DT-X users can now process new or archived data files for information on aquatic vegetation, substrate type, and/or bathymetry data. All BioSonics users can quickly and easily create full-color maps with depth contours to present and share results, without the added effort and expense of GIS.
FREE – NO LICENSE KEY REQUIRED
WHAT’S NEW IN Visual Habitat 2.0?
- Interpolate data points to form gridded data using the following methods:
-Triangulated Linear Interpolation
-Inverse Distance Weighting
- Create full color maps with bathymetry contours
- Define survey region by manually drawing or importing from shapefile
- Automatically compute grid statistics including: area, water volume, min/max/avg. depth
- Export results as KML, shapefile, or image files for use in Google Earth or ArcGIS
- Adjust opacity of data points, gridded data and contours
- Choose projection option UTM, Geographic, or Web Mercator
- Choose from Google, Bing, or Open Street Map imagery
- Export Bottom Type intermediate results to CSV or MatLab file
- Compute plant area and volume
- Map measure tool
- AND MUCH MUCH MORE!
Contact us to learn more about BioSonics Aquatic Habitat Assessment solutions!